View in Google Docs: Media Kit Google Doc
Thank you for your interest in screening Students & Goliath!
A divestment campaign is most successful when all of the student body is involved – whether through awareness or action. Students & Goliath’s goal is to educate, inspire, and promote further action. This is the story of our generation’s greatest battle, and it’s a story that must be told.
Steps to take prior to screening:
– Find a space and time on your campus. Please let me know so I can announce the screening – therefore getting both your screen and my film support
– Send me an email or Facebook message for the password and make sure the link works
Email email@example.com or send a message to Alex Leff on Facebook to receive the password to the private link
DVDs are also available:
Individual DVDs – $15
Educational institutions – $75
Here you can access the Press Release
Here you can access the Main Graphic for advertising and promoting the screening
Suggested Discussion Topics
– Initial reactions to film and story
– Things audience found inspiring
– Questions audience may have about how divestment works
– Explain your campaign’s role in the movement
– When you were founded
– How you are structured
– What you did last year
– What you hope to accomplish this year
– Obstacles your campaign has encountered and how to overcome them
– Advertise your next meeting or event on campus
What I’m asking for in return:
– Please let me know the date and time of your screening, so I can include the information on the Facebook page
– A picture of those who attended your screening together with members of your divestment campaign. I’ll use the photos on Facebook to show the growing number joining the fight against Goliath!
– A small donation (to invite at your screening) to me to help with the making, promotion, and circulation of the film
This film was entirely a labor of love, but labor nonetheless. I worked mostly independently on the film, spending full days conducting interviews, collecting original and common B-roll, purchasing Tar Sands footage, transporting myself to many events, months of editing, and producing the final product. That is why I am suggesting small donations to help fund the making and promoting of Students & Goliath.